To Keep an Injured or Disabled Protected Wild Animal or Bird

Under the Wildlife Acts a person may apply to the Minister for a licence to possess, for a reasonable period of time, an injured or disabled protected wild bird or animal (or their dependent young that are orphaned) with a view to tending and later releasing the bird or animal back into the wild when they are rehabilitated. In limited circumstances applications may also be made to retain possession of such a bird or animal that would be unlikely to survive unaided in the wild.

Application Forms

Below please find the relevant application forms for the possession or retention of individual birds or animals and the application form for a 12 month licence to possess multiple birds or animals for experienced rehabilitators across the country that rehabilitate multiple birds or animals on an ongoing basis.