Regional Management Structure
The National Parks and Wildlife Service has a regional operations structure comprised of four divisions, each of which is divided into two regions.
|North-east Region||North-midlands Region||Mid-south Region||Mid-western Region|
|South-east Region||North-west Region||South-west Region||Western Region|
Regional Management is responsible for:
- Implementation and enforcement of the Wildlife Acts 1976-2000, the Whale Fisheries Acts and the Regulations which bring the Habitats and Birds Directives into force
- Management of the state-owned Nature Reserves and National Parks
- Advice to planning and other consent authorities on the impacts of development applications and plans on biodiversity
- Participation in research and survey projects by collecting data within their areas
- Provision of an education and advisory service to the public
For further information or to contact your local NPWS District Conservation Officer, please see the Contact Us page.