Public Notice - Storm Brendan
Date Released: Sunday, January 12, 2020
Due to wind warnings issued by Met Éireann, the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) wishes to advise members of the public that the following locations will be closed while the warning is in place:
- Killarney House and Gardens, Co. Kerry
- Dromore Woods Nature Reserve, Co. Clare
- Coole Park & Gardens Nature Reserve, Gort, Co. Galway
- Connemara National Park, Co. Galway
- Knockma Woods Reserve, Tuam, Co. Galway
- Wild Nephin/Ballycroy National Park (closed since October and will remain so until late March)
An Orange wind warning is issued for Kerry, Cork, Clare, Wexford, Limerick and Waterford and is valid from 07:00 until 15:00 tomorrow, Monday 13 January.
A Status Orange wind warning is issued for Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, and Sligo and a Status Yellow wind warning for Dublin, Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Louth, Wicklow, Offaly, Westmeath, Meath, Cavan, Monaghan, Roscommon and Tipperary is valid on Monday 13 January from 07:00 to 23:59.
The NPWS advises the public not to visit any National Parks, National Monuments or Nature Reserves whilst the warnings are in place and asks for their ongoing cooperation on this matter by not entering these sites for the duration of these weather warnings. Further updates will be provided as the weather forecast becomes clearer and/or as Met Éireann weather advisory notices are updated – see www.met.ie for weather warning and updates.